Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Adjustment


Matthew got his new leg braces yesterday. They're so tight on his little feet to where it makes me wonder if it's even worth it. Yesterday while we were at the Orthopedics doctor, the aid and me both had to help put these things on Matthew. I could have just cried while Matthew was crying. He has to wear a cushioned piece on top of his foot under the brace to keep it from pinching the skin. After he got them on he was ok.

This morning however, when it was just Matthew and I and us trying to put these things on was a different matter. It took me about 10 mins. just to get them on and his shoes. We had to get a size 6 xwide shoe. I had to get Matthew preoccupied to help him help me fit his foot into the brace just right. At first he did cry but then calmed down to help me help him. This morning though I was just about ready to take these things back, I had to just take a deep breath and say a prayer to God to just HELP me get these things on. God is so good, as soon as I said my little prayer and tried again for the 5th time it worked and I got them on without a fuss. God goes beyond your prayers when he answers no matter how small the prayer.


Once the shoes were on, we walked down the hall and would you believe he had a somewhat heel to toe walk which I hadn't seem him do before and he was standing straighter. Hallelujah!!!! Hopefully Holly will approve of these. I just do NOT want to go back to the orthopedic doctor again.


This is a picture of Matthew standing at the couch this morning with his NEW braces on.



I was afraid also that these braces would affect Matthew's crawling, which at first he cried because he couldn't figure out how to maneuver with them on. He's such a determined little boy, after a couple of attempts he got it and they cause no problem now. However, we try this again tomorrow morning and see how he does. He wore them for about an hour today, tomorrow maybe an hour and a half.

Well, it's Matthew's bath time, God Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment