Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Little Who?

I feel like I'm blogging all the time, at least every week, but there is always something new and exciting that happens in our family and with Matthew.

This past weekend we took Matthew to the "Little Folks Festival" it was so neat. The kids have fun with the sirens on the fire trucks, they meet alot of our local and state emergency officials, they get free books, face painting, food and ice cream,etc. Matthew done so good, he walked around some with me just holding onto one hand, he drunk his first juice box with the more stout straws and he got to meet Smokey the Bear, which of course didn't go well at all.



The picture above is my cousin, Jonathan and Matthew posing for such a handsome picture.
And our BIG news of the week!


Matthew is now at that stage where he thinks he's a "big boy" and not little anymore. I went downstairs to the basement yesterday morning before leaving for work while Matthew was watching his cartoons when I came back into the basement I heard this most terrifying bump in my life and I looked up the steps and saw Matthew on his tummy on the fourth top step.

Apparently, Matthew has now learned to open up doors ( the door was shut completely, I double checked it when I had went down) and he tried to walk down them when he of course fell. I was so worried about his head, due to his soft spot not completely being closed and the Dandy-Walker. I took him to the doctor for a check up and it seems that his only injuries was the scratch on his eye lid and under his eye.

Needless to say, Bradley and I baby proofed our doors. Matthew is everywhere now, he can stand up on his own without holding onto anything and he does more walking with one finger on something than he does crawling. Once he gets the hang of walking independently, he's going to give me a workout for sure.

My grandma says that Matthew's body hasn't caught up with his brain yet, it is so, so true. Matthew has also learned to say I love you and sign it, except it sounds like I wuw wu. He has learned also to wash his hands in the bath tub and to brush his own teeth with help. He's so funny.

Well, I gotta go, have to do our church bulletins for Sunday.

Til next time, Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment