Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Precious Moments and a NEW Milestone !

GREAT NEWS!!!!! Matthew has taken his first INDEPENDENT steps :). He started yesterday during his physical therapy session with Holly. She got him to walk 3 steps on his own and he done that 3 different times. Today he walked 6 steps, fell, my aunt then helped him up and he took 3 more steps.

This is so amazing and I can't tell you how much I am praising God for this. I knew Matthew would walk soon but not this soon. He still has a little ways to go at walking confidently but he will do it in the upcoming weeks and months. As a parent you are so proud when your child hits a milestone, but when your child has a syndrome which can cause problems with balance,etc. and you see him do it perfectly- you are just in AWE of God's power and your child's ability. It's so precious! I pray that I will not take these precious moments for granted and that I will always remember this feeling of pure joy and being so humble to God for this precious child he has given me the privilege of being his mother.

Matthew has also learned 3 more things this week, he knows some of his colors (red,blue,green,yellow and purple) he of course can't say them but he can pick them out and give them to you, he has learned to smack-which no is not a word he is liking now and lastly he has learned to get out of his stroller. (another challenge in itself)

The picture above is Matthew posing innocently while misbehaving in the bath tub tonight. He is ALL BOY! Melanie and I were talking tonight and we don't know what we would do if we had girls, boys are so much fun! HAHAHA!

Gotta go, my show is on, "Parenthood" , Bradley and I LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment